Here you will find answers to some frequently asked questions.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any additional queries.

How do I apply for a plot?

If you would like to apply for a plot, please complete the online form below. Your application will be emailed to us, and we will notify you of the outcome of your application as soon as we can. This is dependent upon how many existing applications are on our waiting list.

We would be more than happy to arrange a site visit for you, so that you familiarise yourself with the site, and give you the opportunity to meet existing plotholders.

How will I water my plot?

Self-filling water tanks have been introduced on the site which is in line with the general move towards water conservation and metering. The cost of watering from tanks is covered by the basic rental. The water supply to the site is turned off during winter to avoid frost damage, tanks will still contain water replenished by rainfall.

Can I hire equipment to work my plot?

The association owns various pieces of equipment including a strimmer, and mower. Ask the site manager about the use of cultivators, training courses may be available or a designated user may cultivate your plot for a small fee. We have recently invested in a secure steel container to house equipment.

Are there toilets on the site?

There is a toilet on site, which is equipped with disabled facilities. Your gate lock key also provides access to the toilet.

Can I have a bonfire?

Yes, but only at specific times of the year. Please see the noticeboards for the latest guidelines, as in the spirit of good-neighbourliness bonfires are forbidden during some months of the year.  You must not leave fires unattended so allow plenty of time for the fire to burn out.


How can I dispose of rubbish?

You are encouraged to compost vegetative waste. Please do not bring rubbish from home, and take your rubbish away if practical. There are municipal tips Marsh Barton and Exhibition Way.

How can I get manure?

Manure supplies are very variable, ask in the trading hut for current availability. Some plot-holders may purchase or acquire manure for their own private use – please do not take manure from someone else’s plot unless they offer it to you. The Trading Hut sells bags of composted manure which is useful for mulching individual plants.

Who maintains the paths?

The paths around your plot are your responsibility. Keep the paths tidy as you will be sharing them with your neighbours.

What can I do about theft or vandalism?

If you see a crime in progress, dial 999.

To report a committed crime or suspicious activity, dial 101, and don’t forget to obtain a reference number, and let the secretary know also.